Programs > Walk with Ease
Walk with Ease is an Arthritis Foundation program proven to reduce the pain of arthritis and improve overall health. No matter if you need relief from arthritis pain or just want to be active, the six-week Walk with Ease program can teach you how to safely make physical activity part of your everyday life. The program includes a guidebook with information on how to get ready to walk, begin walking and stay motivated to continue walking. It also includes a walking schedule to get you safely moving toward better health.
Group Program in a Community Setting
- Small group program led in person by Arthritis Foundation-certified leader
- 1 hour of group sharing and education; participants walk at their own pace for 10-35 minutes
- 3 sessions per week for 6 weeks
- An individual uses the Walk with Ease Guidebook to complete the 6-week program on their own
- Participants are encouraged to walk at least 3 times per week
- Community settings, or anywhere an individual lives
- You should check with your healthcare provider before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs.
- Many programs are offered free of charge and funding may be available to pay for program and curriculum materials. Please inquire about low- or no-cost programs in your area.
Topics and Skills Covered
- Developing a walking plan to meet your needs
- Learning methods to make walking fun and stay motivated
- Exercising safely
- Managing your pain
- Learning exercises to overcome barriers and continue to be physically active