Programs > Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance®
Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® focuses on eight Yang-style Tai Chi forms modified to improve balance and strength. A key strengthening principle in the program is to move from a point of stability to instability and back to stability. This falls prevention exercise program is recommended and approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Small group workshop led by a certified instructor
- 1 hour per session
- 2 sessions per week for 24 weeks
- Participants are physically active, but classes can be modified for different abilities such as holding a chair for support.
- Community settings such as senior centers, community centers or a local medical facility
- This program is recommended for older adults at risk of falls, individuals with balance disorders and comorbidities.